Interested in Becoming a Firefighter?
As employment opportunities become available, they will be posted on the Human Resources employment page. You can subscribe to our employment newsletter to automatically be notified when a new opportunity is available.
Professional development and continuous improvement is evident in our highly trained fire protection professionals. Each firefighter is required to maintain certifications to be able to provide the best possible service to the citizens and visitors of North Kansas City. Each firefighters is required to complete a minimum of 280 hours of training each year to enhance the level of service of the fire department.
Personnel are tasked with innovative and challenging training topics and scenarios to better prepare them for emergencies that may occur. Our personnel are a team of highly trained professionals, ready to serve whenever we are called.
Potential applicants are advised to read our grooming standards.
Minimum requirements for Firefighters
- Firefighter I and II
- EMT Basic or Paramedic – Missouri Certification or National Registry
- Current CPR Certified
- HAZMAT Awareness and Operations Level
- Current CPAT within one year of application
- Current Fire Service Entrance Exam Score within one year of application
Minimum Requirements for Paramedics
- Must have current ACLS certification, PALS preferred.