Business License

All businesses and contractors doing business in North Kansas City or operate out of North Kansas City must have a North Kansas City business license. Your business type and location determines which application you need to submit. If you have any questions about business licensing, please contact City Hall at 816-274-6000.

Before you can get a North Kansas City business license, you must be registered with the county for business personal property taxes. You can find the form here. 

Outside Contractorscontractors whose business is located outside the city limits and are performing work within the City limits use this application:

Inside Contractors - contractors whose business is located within the city limits and performs work in or out of the city limits use this application:

*Please Note: A current certificate of insurance showing the City of North Kansas City as certificate holder must be on file prior to issuance of the business license. If the contractor is exempt from workers compensation, an Affidavit of Exemption for Workers’ Compensation Insurance form is required and can be found here.

Class 2 License

The following business types or activities need a Class 2 license:

  • Billiard or Pool Tables
  • Electrical coin-operated Amusement Devices
  • Security Company
  • Bonding Company 
  • Catering Truck and/or Lunch Truck
  • Carnival
  • Circus, Menagerie or Rodeo
  • Delivery Truck or Auto, per Truck or Auto 
  • Ice Cream Truck
  • Storage Warehouse
  • Taxicab Company
  • Trash Company

All other businesses need a class 3 license

City Hall
2010 Howell St
North Kansas City, MO 64116

Phone 816-274-6000

Regular Hours:
Monday - Friday
8am to 5pm

© 2016 North Kansas City | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive