Located at City Hall (2010 Howell Street), the Administration Department is responsible for supervising and coordinating the operations of all City functions except Parks & Recreation and the Library.
Functions included within the Administration Department include:
- serving as the Governing Body of the City;
- advising the Mayor and City Council on policy issues;
- implementation of the policies and directives of the Council;
- enforcement of the City Code;
- administration of the City’s finances
- preparation of legal documents and provision of legal advice to the governing body and staff;
- encouragement of economic development;
- administration of the City’s information technology systems;
- preparation of the City’s annual budget;
- implementation of the budget adopted by the Council; administration of the personnel system; provision of public information;
- management of the official records of the City.
- administration of the City's personnel, compensation and benefits policies and practices
For more information about the departmental structure for the City of North Kansas City, browse these organizational charts: